Parent Financial Aid Information Session:
Each December a Financial Aid Workshop is held at SHS for senior parents and students.
The 2016 date will be posted at a later time.
Financial Aid One-on-One Meetings:
Mrs. Blackwell is a financial aid advisor from CONNTAC who works with students who are on free/reduced lunch.
Meetings can be scheduled through Ms. Forlenzo in guidance.
Appointments book fast, so please make sure to schedule your appointment atleast one week in advance.
Appointments are taken for 8:30am, 9:00am, 9:30am, 10:00am, 10:30am and 11:00am.
Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with Mrs. Blackwell. She will work with you on completing the FAFSA. The FAFSA is a form that must be filled out in order to qualify for any financial aid money, including loans.
Once your appointment is scheduled you will need to bring the following items with you to your scheduled appointment:
- Recent tax form (1040 or 1040A)
- Social Security # and parent(s) as well
- Parents birthdates
- Parent marriage dates/divorce dates
- Copy of Green Card if a non-U.S. citizen
- Completed top half of CONNTAC application form
- FSA ID, which must be completed through www.fafsa.ed.gov or by clicking on the FAFSA link on the mainpage of Naviance
- BOTH THE STUDENT AND PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S) NEED AN FSA ID
Brief Overview of College Costs and Financial Aid (Click to view power point)